Sunday, May 24, 2015

iQuest #15: REFLECTION

I had a pretty swell time in iQuest this year. I really enjoyed having the extra time to put into my work after school. That really helped me accomplish a lot more than I thought I could this year, although not necessarily what I planned to work on in the beginning of the school year. I said I was going to spend time working on my own game, but I wound up doing more programming for my older project, BrawlBox, in exchange for money. That was the area I was most productive in while in the class.

I'm most proud of my most recent project, rendering models in the model viewer as they appear in the actual game.

Before:

After:

The stage in the actual game:
This took me a couple months to do, you can see some code for it here.

As for what I've learned about programming in general, it's that it's really time consuming and you need to keep your priorities in line or else you'll wind up with a bunch of unfinished projects. Learning how to do things is no problem, it's learning to finish what you start is what's hard to do. That's something I've learned about myself as well. I have some trouble maintaining focus on one project at a time.

I actually wish that I had not charged for features so I could've worked on my game more. I made a good amount of money but I really strayed away from what I really wanted to do just so I could make some extra cash. I'd say I put in a lot of effort but fell short actually keeping on the path I intended to follow. Even though I didn't accomplish much with my game while I was in this class, I did learn how to keep on track now. I've finally started making some progress now.

I would definitely recommend this class to others. Whether or not you accomplish any goals you set, you'll leave the class with more experience and knowledge!

The class is like a bridge of learning:


No comments:

Post a Comment