Friday, August 29, 2014

iQuest #1: The B̶e̶g̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ Continuation

Hey, I'm David, a high school senior and an iQuest student.

My passion is to design video games, and it's not just because I enjoy playing them. I like everything about creating them. Programming game logic and editors; writing stories and creating characters; using a game engine; sculpting, rigging and texturing models; animation, acting, music production... you name it. I love everything about it.

My plan is to graduate high school, get a job and start saving funds, move out with my cousin and a close friend, attend college at DVC and then transfer to a 4 year college or university to study game design; ideally USC. This year I will also continue to increase my skills and start building up a portfolio and resume.

I am also working on a game for the PC, and I will continue to do that this year. I've always been a bit ambitious, so it's a pretty big project. I have a small group of indie devs I'm working with, and I hope to create an alpha build by the end of next summer. Next I'll see if I can get (more) funds through kickstarter, and finish it by the time I graduate from college. I have high hopes for iQuest helping me do that!

3 comments:

  1. I love your passion and can't wait to see where it takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David! I'm an iQuest student at Cal. I think your passion for game design is awesome. I've always enjoyed playing everything from RPGs to FPSs. The storyline is my favorite part though, it's like being in an interactive book. I'm excited to see what you come up with; PC gaming is the best type of gaming. I hope you continue to pursue game development and I'm sure I'll see you on Steam in a few years!

    Best,
    Michelle Xue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David, your passion for game development is truly inspiring. My iQuest project also has to do with technology--I'm building a wi-fi based thermostat for my reptile tanks and interning at Kaiser's IT department. Your comprehensive knowledge of and admiration for gaming motivates me to be just as passionate in my iQuest topics. I wish you the best of luck with both your iQuest and long-term goals. Keep working hard, and keep being ambitious--that'll get you far.

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete